Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My not so Primary song moment

So Rodney is back in town after only one night away. Sometimes he gets so wound up on these short trips that it is a bit hard to be around him. He is on all of us like a fly on stink about everything. So after he just went on his 100th rampage of the night, this one because I asked him to take out the trash and when he did he discovered something "wet" in it, we were all feeling a little bit like pulling out our hair. I looked at the kids and you could see it in their faces that they were DONE with the lectures tonight. All of the sudden I started humming "I'm so glad when daddy comes home". Before I knew it I was singing my own little version:

I'm so glad when daddy comes home
Glad as I can be
Clap my hands and shout "OH NO!
Stay away from me!"

Wrap my hands around his thought
Squeeze it tight like this
Slap his cheek and give him what?
A great, big KICK!

I know it is mean, but everyone must have been feeling it because the kids started cracking up. When he walked in he had no idea why we were all smiling and our mood seemed to be a bit lighter, but we did not tell. It just felt good to have one under our belts after he has been such a nag all evening. Tomorrow will be better, and I know I am ornery, but OH WELL! Tonight I think I am pretty dang funny! And the kids think I should be on "Whose line is it Anyway".

6 comments:

Brittani said...

you had me laughing too, so good on you!

AKA Rosa said...

Oh No.... We are going to be working on this for Primary for Fathers Day!!! How am I going to sing it without giggling about your verson? OHHHH not to meantion your kids . . . one singing and 2 listening! I will know that when the Johnsons are laughing not to take it personally....lol

melanie said...

Ha ha he he! That is so great. I will have to remember that one.

Cindi said...

HUMOR ALWAYS HELPS AN INTENSE SITUATION. I LOVE IT, I JUST WISH I COULD HAVE SUNG IT TO YOU KIDS WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP!

Mikael Squire said...

You must have duck flu...

laurak said...

I think we all have moments like that. It's good when you can laugh about it.