Monday, April 27, 2009

Still stinking- but in a better way!

Today is Monday, the day of renewal to me. I do not know why I have these weird rules for my life (like I can only get up at a minute that is divisible by five, thus pushing my eight minute snooze button 5 times before I can get up again) but Mondays are another one of them. I can only start trying a new thing if it is on Monday. Today was my Monday for change. Last week I was very frustrated as I watched my weight go up 2 more pounds, but could not make myself do anything about it until today. And today I did. First off I got up (unfortunately I pushed the snooze button so it was 40 min later than I had hoped) and got the kids off to school. After a bit of weekend house cleaning catch up I started back on my Wii fitness quest. (It kindly reminded me that I had not check in for 12 days). After an hour of Wii training, Wii aerobics, and Wii yoga I decided to make lunch and get ready for the day. I did my usual afternoon things and then picked up the kids from school, made and ate dinner by 5:00, got Rodney out the door with Declan and Cambria for goalie lessons and took Decota to her Ballet and Jazz classes. After everyone was gone I was off to a pre-tryout cheerleading meeting. When I arrived home at 7:00 I was pleasantly surprised that the meeting had taken far less time than I thought it would have. Because it rained today and Cambria's game was canceled for her rec team and her practice was canceled for her select team, Rodney drove in right behind me. We looked at eachother and said "Lets go for a walk". Well earlier today I had gotten on Runner's World and printed off an eight week training schedule for getting back to running again. I was bummed because I knew that I would have to wait a whole 2 weeks to try it because I could not start on Tuesday, and next week I would be at camp with Cambria and would not want to start it then. Little did I know that I would have a whole hour of free time tonight. I hurried upstairs, changed, grabbed my iPOD and some water and we headed to the pond. Thirty minutes of running a minute and walking two- and I feel great. This is the first time I have actually tried to run since my surgery, and I was shocked at how awkward I felt. I could tell a limp in my run and I also felt like my leg was not strong enough to support a big stride. It was a bit awkward, and I have NO endurance, but I did it. Rodney was going to quit at 18 minutes, but I talked him into keeping it up and he also did the whole thirty minutes. It has been a big mental hurdle to get over for me to actually get out there and see how bad my endurance has gotten, but I got over it and did it, and I feel positive that I can get it back as I work to get into shape again. I feel great right now and am very optimistic that I will make sure I schedule in time to work on this 8 week plan every day. So, I do have dried sweat on my back and face, and stinky sticky arm pits, but I stink the good kind of stink!

8 comments:

Brittani said...

Awesome job Chanel...I cannot even imagine starting again after surgery. I am very impressed that you could go 30 min first try. Very, Very cool!

Chels said...

That is awesome that you were able to run again. I need to get back to it too.

melanie said...

I did not know all those things about you.. Like starting something new on Monday... Have you always done that?

Chanel said...

As I have done that as long as I can remember. I always was in trouble for hitting snooze and not getting up, and then having to wait so long for it to come back around!

Annie. said...

Yahoo! Good job! I am duly impressed that you took advantage of that time and got out there. I don't think I would have. Your little snooze button and Monday quirks are funny! :)

The Hillan Family said...

Chanel!!! Very awesome! Your kids are SO CUTE!!! I love their names. I didn't realize you were a Texan. I found your blog through Perry and thought I'd see what all the Webb sisters were up to. It's been fun to catch up! Take care!
love,
Alisa

laurak said...

Way to go! I'm impressed with your desire to get back in shape after your surgery. It's got to be touch. I know it is hard for me to convince myself to get up and get going even without surgery.
I love learning more about you through your blog. Maybe you should do what I do and keep the alarm clock on Rodney's side of the bed so you have to work harder to hit the snooze button. By the time I get over there, I'm already mostly awake.

laurak said...

tough