Thursday, February 26, 2009

What's Up!

I would really like to post about everything that has been going on lately, but who knows if it will happen. I figured a list of what I have been doing would #1 help me remember if I ever get a chance to blog it #2 help me remember if I never get a chance to blog about it. So here is what has gone on in the Johnson Home lately:

- After Christmas we spent a wonderful break at Rodney's parents and enjoyed hanging out and being lazy (like sitting on our rears all day and watching TV lazy)
-Cambria played indoor soccer and loved it. She became more aggressive and really improved over the season.
-Declan ran cross country and really improved on his times. I am amazed by his dedication to get up at 6:30 and run everyday, and then stay after school and run until 5:30 everyday. I have no clue where he got that drive from.
-Decota has had a rheumatology visit and is looking great.
-Decota has had an ophthalmology visit and has been completely removed off of her steroid eye drops after a year. Only 2 more drops to go! She is very excited about this news!
-Decota felt she might be loosing her hearing. Of course we had her checked and found out that she had a blockage in her ear, which they removed, and she can now hear again.
-Decota has hurt her ankle twice in the last month, the second time pretty bad. We had it x-rayed and found out she had only sprained it, which was a big relief to all of us.
-Cambria and Declan have both started out door soccer again. They have practice constantly, and LOVE it. During indoor we met a man who has classes at the indoor fields who was a professional soccer player in France (he is from Morocco). For some reason he really took to our kids (Declan and Cambria), and has been coming to our fields to work with them on their skills. The things that he is teaching them are amazing (Cambria is up to 31 juggles) and we see a difference in their playing already. Him and Rodney really get along, and the kids love him!
-Decota tried out and made it into the athletics class for next year. Now she HAS to participate in 2 school sports. Her choices, volleyball and cross country.
-We all got an Upper Respiratory Viral Infection (felt like the flu to me) and ran fevers for 5 days, all at the same time. It stunk, but how often do you get the chance to just sit in your house and watch TV for 5 days straight with your kids. Gotta figure out some way to make it seem better.
-All of the kids had talks in church within the last month. Decota 1st in Sacrament, Cambria next in Primary, and Declan last in Sacrament. Next week Declan also has to give a talk in Mutual Opening Exercises on reverence and respect for leaders.
-We got a new roof put on our house, and had it repainted- and insurance paid for it all!
-Decota had her first band concert- and they did a great job.
-All of the kids had to turn in their school schedules for next year (Crazy, it's too early)
-My sweet Nanny and Papa sent us some money to continue helping out our secret family. It has been so fun to be able to do a surprise for them each month. I love seeing them randomly at school with their new supplies and clothes.
-Decota had an orthodontics appointment. She doesn't need 2 stages of braces now, only one, but they will be on for 30-36 months. And the kicker -it will cost almost $6000 dollars. Luckily our orthodontist gave us some discounts because we do not have Otho insurance, so it will knock it down to $5000 (still insane). Thank goodness for flex spending, huh!
-I started my own business (but I already mentioned that in my last post)
-We went to the Fort Worth Rodeo and loved it. We have been saying we were going to go since we moved here, and finally we did. Our family LOVES rodeos, and Rodney's parents came down and joined us, so we had a great time.
-I went on my scrapbooking retreat that I got for Mother's Day last year. I almost missed it because we were all sick that week, but at the last second I felt better and went. It was fun, and I got to know women in my ward better- but the best part- I think I discovered how I will scrapbook. Go check out scrapblog.com. I don't think I like to scrap as much as I used to, but I love to have the finished product. Now I can use pre-made digital pages, add extra element that they provide, and print them into a 12x12 book cheaper than printing out 12x12 pages or creating my own. One girl did 4 whole books on the first day. Hello- I am in love!

That is all I can think of right now. Hopefully I will get some quick post about some of these up!

3 comments:

Brittani said...

a lot of things I did not know, thanks for your list...I feel better connected!

laurak said...

Wow, you all keep so busy. I was very interested to hear all your news. It sounds like you have a happy life, besides being sick.

Cindi said...

It is good to hear from you again!