Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Miss...

I miss...


I have been going through photos this morning looking for some old ones to include in Decota's Highstepper banquet. It has been really fun to look back at not only the memories, but the cute little personalities of my kiddos. This week I have been feeling a little nostalgic. I think it is because we took Declan to a meeting Sunday with the President of SVU, and a few other people from there. As we sat and talked to them it really hit me that this is really going to happen. He will really be leaving me before I know it. Now every night when I go to his room and kiss him goodnight I can't help but think I only have so many more of these nights left. To even put me further over the top, I took Cambria to her first practice with the HS soccer team yesterday. Seeing my baby out there with those girls, and realizing she is just as big as some of them, just about knocked me over. And then there is Decota constantly nagging me about getting her permit. All I have to say is- WHERE DID THE TIME GO????? So as I was looking through photos today I came up with a few things I miss. Some of them you are going through right now, and I hope you hold onto those moments, because they will pass- way too quickly!



I Miss:

Little kids sticking their tongue out at me and thinking that is the worst insult they could give

My make up all over the face, arms, clothes, and carpet of a child (it really doesn't matter what their sex is)

Dress up clothes

Plastic high heal shoes

Boys peeing on trees because they don't want to come inside for 3 seconds to use the bathroom

Potions made in the tub or bathroom sink with soap, shampoo, bubbles, glitter, and anything else that could be snuck into the bathroom

The smell of baby lotion on soft cheeks, feet and hands

Bike washes made out of pvc with holes poked in them

Sleepovers on the trampoline

Crack the egg

Lunch at the park with my friends while the kids run wild

Trips to Hobby Lobby just to buy stuff I don't need but want

Scrapbooking with a house full of friends and kids

Doing a quick clean up before my husband comes home and discovers that I had way more fun than he did while I was home and he was at work

Long family vacations

Disneyland

Being skinny

Being tan

Girls’ week

Staying up all night with my sisters laughing until our eyelids can't stay open anymore

Vacation with my husband and feeling like we are in college again

Dance parties at the Johnson house for all the neighborhood kids

The cul-de-sac on Foutz rd where the kids played hour’s everyday

Evenings full of family, friends and food

Cheese sticks at the country club

The rec center's ridiculously low priced activities

Trips to the dealership where the kids left with pockets full of quarters and candy (and a book from papa)

Big wheels

Declan and Daniel refusing to use the front doors and scaling the wall to get to each others back doors everyday

Kids sleeping on my lap

Baby dolls on my floor

Chalk on my driveway

The Wiggles and Blues Clues blaring through my house



With all that said I LOVE who my kids are today and spending every second I can with them. It is so fun to see who they have grown into. I am amazed at how much they have changed, yet stayed the same. I see how their little personalities have molded them into the people they are today. I am excited for them as they encounter each new stage of life.



But I do miss those little fingerprints all over the glass doors too....

2 comments:

Chels said...

Oh you didn't forget to learn how to blog!!

Brittani said...

Oh, I am so in that stage you are describing, a good reminder to me to treasure it!