Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Official- I'm Getting Old

It's official- I'm getting old! Why did I just discover this you ask. No, it is not because of the wrinkles on my forehead that continue to get deeper and deeper everyday. No, it is not because it is now easier for me to gain ten pounds in a week rather than drop five. It is not because I have discovered the pleasure of napping. It isn't even because I would rather choose a night watching tv in bed over a night out on the town. While all of these things do put me in the old category, the real reason for this new official status is: I am now the mother of THREE High School kids!

Where oh where has the time gone. I can remember walking each one of them into their first day of kindergarten. Heck, I can remember their first day of preschool! It seems like just yesterday I was freaking out because Declan was headed to middle school. Now my baby is done with middle school!

But to be honest, thisis an amazing, exciting time. What a special year next year will be. Having my three kids all be at the same school is such a special treat. Not because of the logistics and carpooling (though that is a perk), but because they get to be together. I love it when I hear from Declan that he was cracking up as he walked out of his class and heard the jubilant shout "FOR NARNIA" coming from way down the hall and said "I hear my sister coming". I love that they bump into each other during the day, visit with each others friends, are there for each other if there is a need. I am excited for Cambria to be able to be a part of that amazing, private club. She has not been in the same school as her brother since 1st grade. What a special treat to get to have him near her more often in a social setting before he leaves for school. What a treat for Declan also to have those extra moments with his sisters before he leaves.

But before we get all sappy and emotional about that we get to enjoy a summer together. Lots of family, lots of fun, lots of travel. So excited to spend the summer with my 3 fabulous High Schoolers!!!

 

2 comments:

Brittani said...

that is so cool. I hope my kids are friends in school. Caleb really tries but James will just stick her tongue out at him. Maybe maturity will change that. I would love for my kids to be like yours! Since I will be sending Asher to Kinder next year and Mique to her first preschool does that make me still young????

Chels said...

Well at least your hair isn't going white like mine and I just have Middle schoolers.