Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Greatest Gift


One of the greatest gifts I have ever received has been from my Papa and Nanny. This past Christmas we found out about a family in need. My extended family really rallied around us as we tried to lift some burdens and the hearts of 3 children. The experience was incredible, and it blessed the lives of my family so much. Then to make matters even better, my sweet Nanny and Papa sent us some more money in order to help the kids out with more things over the next couple months. It was a wonderful experience to be able to find needs every month, and help them through them. Every month we picked a theme and focused our efforts on that. I would then write the kids an inspirational note, with the theme included, and all of the gifts would match that theme. For example, in January our theme was "A new year brings a new start". We were able to stock them up on new personal hygiene items as well as new school supplies. We had so much fun with this project, and I think that in the end we gained way more than they ever could have. I am so appreciative of my sweet grandparents who have such tender hearts. They have truly given my family a gift that will last a lifetime!

1 comment:

laurak said...

What great ideas. You did what everybosy wishes they could do, but don't know how to. Thanks for being an inspiration to me.