Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year was not only Cambria's last year to have an official class Valentine's Party, but mine and Rodney's also. We have been very fortunate that ever since Rodney has worked from home he has been able to attend most of the kids class parties. The kids always love it when he shows up to the school to be with them on their special days. This year we remorsefully remarked that this was our last year to fill out Valentine's from a class list and eat too many sweets that have been sitting out on a table touched by countless fingers. (I personally try to never eat anything that is not individually wrapped- however the occasional rice crispy treat has lured me the other way). This year the room was MASS CHAOS, hot, and full of crazy, sugared up kids. By the time we left the party we were kind of glad that it was the last Valentine's party, although I still think the kids are growing up way to fast.

As yo can see, Rodney has a hard time resisting the lure of the cupcake. Maybe he is willing to come to parties and eat questionable cupcakes because I HATE cupcakes and cakes and refuse to have them in my home except for special occasions. Poor Rodney, but he is a great sport!

3 comments:

Brittani said...

Oh Chanel, as much as I have days that I cannot wait for my kids to be older and more self-sufficent, hearing this makes me want to keep them younger just as long as I can. I am already mourning losing Jamison to 1st grade...and I have been informed it never gets easier....great!

Chels said...

Welcome back with 50 thousand posts. Glad to catch up a little

Alicia said...

Haha what a lovely picture of Rodney!! I miss those days with Valentine parties, recess, and a worried free life to go with it!! I always tell little kids to enjoy your childhood because you will miss it so much when your grown!