Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Does that make me CRAZY??????

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy. Today for instance, it is 107 degrees outside, the humidity is horrid, and I am the only stupid parent sitting outside watching my child practice on the soccer field. Sometimes I think "Why am I not in the comfort of my car with the A/C turned on?", "Why am I not running errands while they practice?", "Why do I spend so much time and money on their sports and activities?", "Why do I feel so guilty because I am sitting watching one child's scrimmage on one field while the other gets no attention paid to them on the other field during practice?", "Why do I take the time to arrange my life so that I can drag everyone around to 90% of everything anyone does instead of just letting Rodney take the kids here or there while I stay at home with the others?". I could give you a plethora of answers to each of those questions, but the plain old truth is I DON'T WANT TO MISS A MINUTE. I want them to know we made the extra efforts for them. I want them to do what they love and feel supported in it. No one complains about being together and going to their siblings things, so if we have the opportunity to do it why not be together? I constantly feel like I am seeing the sand slip through the hourglass at a faster pace than it is supposed to, and I want to make sure I have a memory in my heart as each one of those pieces of sand hits the ground. I want them to never question they were loved. If tomorrow never came, I want them to know all I did was for them. So as I sit out in unbearable heat and sweat like a pig I have a hard time even complaining when I know I have been given a wonderful gift to be able to be with them so much. It might be the heat affecting my head, or I might just be crazy, but crazy is something I am happy to live with :)

3 comments:

Annie. said...

I've always known you were an incredible mother. This just solidifies that thought. And reminds me that Eli is MORE important than most everything else I could be doing.

Chels said...

I know what you mean. I was thinking tonight that the tighter I try to hold on and slow things down, the faster it slips away. All I can hope for is good memories and being there for my kids.

laurak said...

I know what you mean. I hate to miss out on anything.