Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pleading the 5th

You know the old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Well it is one of those weeks where I feel like I just need to plead the 5th and SHUT UP! It is crazy because I have had a great time with the kids. It has been so nice to have them home. I seem to be a very happy person, and the my husband walks in- and now I will plead the 5th. It is amazing how one little thing, or in his case a bigger thing, can set me on a downer course. I look at my children and try very hard to push it aside for their sakes. He gripes enough, and harps enough, and says enough mean things for the both of us- but unfortunately pleading the 5th does not always come easy for me and my big mouth can get me in trouble. So, like most Sunday's and the start of the new week, I find myself recommitting to do better, to be more patient, to endure to the end, to put a smile on my face even when I don't fell like smiling, to not say anything if I can't say something nice, and to just plead the 5th and keep my mouth shut more often. I have been married long enough to know that THIS TO SHALL PASS- right?

5 comments:

Brittani said...

There must be something in the air. I knew I had been on one the end of last week, but apparently it has been longer. Grant sat me down and let me know something has got to change. So now I find myself trying really hard to be happy, a nicer mom and a better wife. I think sometimes they just do not get it. I am sure this too shall pass (just sometimes not soon enough!) Ditch the old man for a week and come hang with me and Chels!

melanie said...

Oh my crazy! Something must be in the water and air. Haha. I am feeling so the same way. I am reminding myself daily to find something nice that I can focus on. Glad you are blogging again.

Chels said...

It's called the anxiety of getting back to school at my house. Each day starts of great and ends with a bang. What do you do? Maybe a vacation for me would be good.

Mikael Squire said...

Here is the solution...
I will send you a tape recording of me laughing and you will play it each time Rod says something mean. It will remind him of how funny I think he is, even when he is being a pain in the butt. This will lift his spirit and in the end, make your life easier... ok, so bad idea. How about a visit to a ranch? Ashlee is finally back from horse shows and will be calling you soon.

laurak said...

Oh, boy, we all have days like that.