Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting ready to go under

I am getting ready for my surgery that will take place Wednesday. I am going to have my ACL redone. I am very excited and not nervous in the least bit. I have noticed that I am a bit unable to relax right now, though. I feel like I have so many things to do, and I want everything in order. My mom flies in today and will be helping out. I know that she is fully capable of handling everything, I just need to get it all in order for her. I worked at the schools all week last week, except for the day that we had a Dr's appointment, and so I think I felt more behind than usual as the weekend came. Saturday we were out the door at 8:45 for pictures for soccer, and then the day went by with one thing after the next. I did not get home again until 9:30 pm, after our last soccer game in Euless. By then I was beat. Sunday morning I woke up and started getting my disaster of a hose picked up. By the time conference came on I was so wound up I could not concentrate. I found myself obsessing over all I needed to do, and I think my restlessness rubbed off on everyone. We finally decided to TiVo conference, because we were getting nothing out of it, and get some stuff done. Declan was assigned a major math project that counted as 2 test grades, and I did not want my mom to have to help with that because it was a PAIN. We spent hours on it, and still have a bit more to do tonight to finish it up. In the end I was non-stop going until 10:30 last night working on getting things in order. I feel horrible that I missed conference, but I know that I will have plenty of time to sit and ENJOY it after my surgery. I don't know why I get wound so tight sometimes, I just do. I always do this right before someone comes to visit, or right before a trip, or right before a big event. I just need to feel like everything is in order; I can't function if I don't feel it is. It can be really annoying, but that is how I roll. I feel so much better today, and am ready to enjoy my mom. I only have a short list of things to accomplish left, not a huge one. I am ready to get this whole surgery over with and move on to getting better. I'm SO excited to have my leg back, and not feel like I am limited in what I can and can't do. Two more days until I am on the road to recovery!

2 comments:

Chels said...

We hope all goes well and your recovery is quick. If I were there we'd gain 10lbs. on blue bell while we watched tv and packed on the lbs. Sounds better then cleaning my house.

Alicia said...

Good Luck! We love ya and will be thinking of ya! I'm excited that you won't be in pain anymore once you've done all the recovering!