Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Physical Therapy

Today I had my 1st Physical Therapy appointment. It felt so great to get my leg moving. It is amazing how quickly the muscles try to run away and hide. It was very hard to get any definition in my quad when I was flexing it- and it has only been one week. He put a shocker on my leg that would send pulses into my quad muscle and make it tighten up, and then I would use my strength to try to tighten it further. After a few minutes of it you could see a resemblance of a muscle again. It actually felt great though! I felt really good when we were all done, and my movement had increased quite a bit in the hour and a half I was working it. I have to go 3 times a week, which stinks in some ways, but is great in others. I like the feeling of working out and breaking a sweat, and I feel quite invigorated to be moving my body. I can feel my strength grow by leaps and bounds everyday, and my comfort is getting so much better.
Today mom spent the afternoon baking and freezing treats for the kids so that I could pull them out for them after she left. She is definitely going to get me the good mom award for all of her efforts. She has spoiled us SO MUCH while she has been here!!!! It will be so sad when she leaves, but I'm sure she will be ready to take a month long nap! It has been so nice to have her around, and I am hoping now that I am feeling better, we might be able to enjoy each others company a little more over the last few days!
I am so glad that the worst is behind me and that the best is yet to come!

5 comments:

Chels said...

I still always want to be at Mom's when I don't feel well. I hope that I baby my kids half as good as she does us. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Annie. said...

Good luck with the physical therapy! I'm sure it will help out tons. It was amazing the wonders it did for Talon's back when he had a hernaited disk last year. You are such a trooper - hang in there!

laurak said...

So glad you are feeling stronger. Hopefully, you won't be too sore after your workout. Good luck.
Can your mom come take care of me the next time I get sick?

Cindi said...

Now let me tell you from my perspective. Chanel is strong, brave and uncomplaining. She went into the surgery thinking that she would be able to walk on her leg the next day. When she woke up she realized that the surgery was much more extensive than she thought it would be and she is unable to put any weight on that leg for four weeks. The first night she laid on the couch down stairs and watched as I helped with the kids. That is not easy for a mother of three. The next day was a painful day but she never complained. She allowed me to have some very special times with Declan, Deocta and Cambria. I got to be with them early in the morning as we sat together for breakfast reading the scriptures together, praying together, taking them to school and picking them up. Visiting as we drove to practices and lessons. Going to church with them to see Decota receive her Faith in God Award. Sharing a special birthday with Decota her twelveth. Getting cuddles and loves, and thank you's when a special treat was made for them. Rodney and Chanel you have a wonderful, beautiful family and I am so grateful I was able to be with you and part of your family for these few days. I love you all!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

I am glad that the surgery went well, and hopefully all will keep going well with the physical therapy.