Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life in the slow lane!


I have not written in what feels like forever. I just do not seem to have anything great to write about. I feels like my days are flying by with me only accomplishing a couple of minute things. This weekend we were out the door to soccer at 9:00am. At 3:00 we were finally finished and headed to a restaurant to get an sandwich for "linner". We went to a place we had never been called "Life's a Beach". It kind of had a caribbean flair to all of it's dishes, and I ended up with Caribbean Jerk Chicken Nachos which were very yummy. We sat indoors so we could watch football, but the whole wall was glass doors that were opened, so it was like sitting on the patio. At the edge of the patio were sand volleyball courts. The weather was so beautiful, the kids were having so much fun playing volleyball, Rodney was enjoying the OU vs Kansas Game, and I was so comfortable with my leg propped up and watching the kids that we ended up staying 3 hours. After we got home Rodney and I went to a Halloween party, I was dressed as a broken Cowboys team, Rodney was dressed as the Cowboys guardian angel who is on vacation (complete with wings, a lei, and a grass skirt). It was fun. We finally got home at 10:30, and I was pooped. Luckily church had been moved to 1:00, so we were able to sleep in and get our chores done. After church I decided to make a decent dinner, but it sure took me a lot longer than normal. The kids had a fireside and I was pushing it to get it made and them out the door on time. I was pooped by that evening, and just cuddled up with Cambria and watched Food Network. Yesterday I had physical therapy, and my therapist pushed me hard. He introduced more exercises into my routine, and put weights on my legs for old exercises. My movement has gotten really good, so he feels like, until I can put weight on it, there is not much else he can help me with. I only get 20 visits from my insurance, so he does not want to use them up until I get to put weight on my leg. I will go on Wednesday again, and then go to the Doctor, but if he doesn't release me to put weight on it (which I doubt he will) I will only go to therapy 1 time a week until I am released. I will just have to work out a home. Yesterday afternoon I ran with Rodney to get dog food and new A/C filters. I was SO exhausted by the time we got back. Every muscle in my body ached. When the kids got home I think they could tell I was beat. They all got right to work on their homework and got it done. I laid in bed with Declan and watched part of a movie with him, and then when he went to bed I did too. I never go to bed before 11:00, but last night I went to bed at 9:45. I slept all night, no waking up to adjust or anything. Today I do not have anything except Declan's football game, so I am going to take it easy, elevate and ice my leg, and watch some TV (rough life huh). Rodney and the kids have been SO WONDERFUL since mom left. My house is spotless, and they are so sweet and helpful. I sure appreciate how much they show me they love me. Hopefully my Dr will have a good report for me tomorrow! (I am so ready to take off this uncomfortable anti-embolism sock!!!) I am sure he will. I may be tired, but I feel pretty dang good.

2 comments:

laurak said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. I was worried that you hadn't written because you felt too bad to write. I'm amazed you keep so busy. My life is a bore compared to yours and this is while you are taking it easy. Well, take care of yourself. I'm glad your family is helping out. Oh, you and RJ look so cute in your Halloweem garb.

Alicia said...

What a fun evening at a family! I'm glad or doing better, and it's great your at least getting out and about. Hang in there!