Wednesday, September 10, 2008

14 Years!!


Here I am, commemorating 14 years of marriage by starting a blog- what a dork. My fear is that because I do not keep a journal, my kids and I will forget about how life really is. Here is my attempt at saving a bit of that legacy for them (and me).


I can not believe it has been 14 years since the day my mom and I got our hair done real big (thus tempting Rodney into make the first mother-in-law with big hair comment, which made my mom run off in tears), took tons of pictures in my front yard, and ultimately said "I do" as our families looked on. Time sure flies when you are having fun! (That's why, right? Not because we run 18 hours a day at top speed!)


I knew pretty soon after I met Rodney that he would be the great love of my life. It took my parents quite a while to see it (is anyone ever really good enough for your child?), but when they did- it was undeniable. My children and I were discussing the other night how strange it is that you can date so many people and get sick of them so fast, and then you just end up finding the one you never leave. I wondered aloud how you come to that conclusion. Rodney piped in from the background "Easy, you fall in love, real love, and you just know that you are done looking." I often think about this, and it still amazes me that he fell in love with me, and then he was done. I know I do not deserve him. I often wonder if someone else out there could have been so much better for him, and if he sold himself short when he picked me. In the end I am just so thankful that he did. I could never have imagined how wonderful it feels to know that your true love loves you just as much as you love him. The security in knowing that you have found a best friend who will stick by your side and kiss you good night even when he sees you are at your physical, spiritual, or emotional worst is indescribable. On days when I don't love myself I think he loves me even more to make up for the difference. What a blessing!


Rodney- I love you. Thank you for the last 14 years. You have given me so much and have always provided for all of my needs. I have been spoiled and loved. I have been protected and encouraged to spread my wings. I have learned about sorrow and joy. I have learned about patience, both for you and for myself. Most importantly, you have made me a wife and a mother- my most prized gifts. I love you to infinity and beyond!!!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the blog world. Now my wife will be pulled away from me for that much longer each night.

Chels said...

Chanel, you look beautiful in this picture. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you, whenever that will be.

Mikael Squire said...

I love the blog! Not only is Rodney perfect for you, he is perfect for the rest of us Webbs! I'll be happy when i can get a guy to stand me for at least a couple of months!

laurak said...

Are you crazy? Rodney lucked out getting someone as great as you. Isn't that right, Rodney? You know I love you, brotha.
I agree, y'all are perfect for each other. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Rodney's beard is going as gray as mine is. Thanks, I feel much better about growing older-- I am not alone. :-)

Great to see your blog. I am glad you are doing well.

Tom