Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sisters


Decota decided to exclude Cambria tonight at the football game. While she was running around with her friends she told Cambria to "Go Away" because it was annoying to have her near by. As soon as Declan's game was over I made the girls leave with me, making them skip out on the "A" team game, and grounded Decota from running around with her friends at the next game. She was furious with Cambria for telling on her and got pretty snotty to me. She had no shame in admitting that it was annoying to turn around and see her sister standing right next to her. I have explained so many times to Decota that many of her friends are actually closer to Cambria's birthday then hers, and that Cambria should be her friend also. When I reminded her of that she simply said "I bet you did not let your sisters hang out with you. I'm sure you thought they were annoying and made them leave you alone. I have heard all about you and I know you were a bigger brat then me." I don't know if it was the tone of her voice or the truthfulness of what she said, but it flew all over me. I was so angry I threatened to cancel her Birthday Party this weekend. I had to call Rodney and have him get involved. Lucky for Decota and I, Rodney has a magical way of calming us both down and making us see eye to eye. After our phone call with him we were able to talk it out, and Decota felt remorseful for being such a brat to her sister, and for being disrespectful to me. They really do love each other, sometimes they just have to be reminded of it. I know I was MEAN to my sisters, especially Brittani. I wish I could take it all back. I want my girls to know what a treasure they have in their sister. I LOVE my sisters! They are my BEST FRIENDS. I know that my kids treat each other better than I treated my siblings, and yet we still have a great relationship. I just do not want them to ever do anything to hurt that bond. I guess being a girl only helps add to the family drama! Sisters!

3 comments:

Annie. said...

My sister did the same thing to me, ALL the time. I think it's the name of the game, unfortunately. :)

melanie said...

I was the same way to my sister. I was not her friend, especially in high school. Luckily, things change and we are also the best of friends.

laurak said...

I think it is common to hate your sister at some point in time, but I think it is good that you are trying to keep them close. Sisters are there long after friends leave.