Thursday, September 25, 2008

A week in my shoes

Here is a schedule of my week this past week. Although I do not do everything that I did this week every week, there always seems to be something extra that comes up!

Sunday:
7:00am- Up to get everyone ready for church, and Rodney out the door and to the airport.
12:30pm- Home from church, time for lunch and rest.
4:00pm- To the hospital to visit an elderly lady in the ward
5:30pm- Home to make a quick dinner and gather the kids up
6:15pm- Off to a missionary open house for a good friend of ours
8:30pm- Back home to fix a snack before bed and start laundry
10:00pm- Kids FINALLY to bed- Laundry and get ready for the new week time
11:30pm- Phone call from Rodney to let me know the Cowboys won. Off to bed to read scriptures and fall asleep.
Monday:
6:30am- Up and at 'em
7:30am- Everyone down for breakfast and family scripture study
8:00am- Get kids off to school and work on laundry and the house
9:30am- Visiting teaching
11:00am- Pre-op appointment for my surgery
12:00pm- Pick Decota up from school for rheumatologist appointment (with a quick lunch at Decota's favorite Thai place on the way)
1:30pm- At the hospital for the appointment
4:00pm- Home from the hospital with a great check up
5:00pm- Dinner
5:45-6:45pm- Watch Decota's ballet class so I can address some of her concerns
6:45pm- Dishes and laundry
8:00pm- Pick Decota up from jazz
9:00pm- Get girls to bed
10:00pm- Finish helping Declan with homework (he has been working on it most of the night) and get him off to bed (he is pooped)- then work on laundry
11:30pm- Laundry done, off to study scriptures and get to bed
Tuesday:
6:00am- Alarm goes off, but I hit snooze until 6:32. Get up and the kids and I ready for school.
7:30am- Breakfast and family scripture study
8:00am- Off to school for everyone. I work in the Autism room at the Middle School today.
4:00pm- The girls and I are done with school and ready to go home and work on their homework.
5:00pm- Quick dinner and off to Declan's football game.
7:30pm- Take the girls home because they have been fighting and have lost the right to watch the other football game.
9:00pm- Get girls to bed and go to pick up Declan from the field house.
11:00pm- Finish helping Declan with his homework and get him to bed. Start picking up the house.
12:00am- Off to bed to read scriptures and go to sleep.
Wednesday:
6:00am- Time to wake up, but once again hit snooze until 6:32. Get kids up and going.
7:30am- Breakfast and family scripture study
8:00am- Everyone off to school. Today I teach 8th grade science.
11:30am- Rodney calls to tell me he made it home.
2:15pm- I do not end up having 7th & 8th period classes so I go home to get cookies baked for Court of Honor tonight.
4:00pm- Pick girls up from school and take them to the library and to Wal-mart.
5:00pm- Pick Declan up from football practice.
5:30pm- Dinner- yum, roast, potatoes, carrots and rolls tonight!
6:30 pm- Court of Honor for Scouting
8:00pm- Leave court of honor and get Decota to a private ballet lesson to help her feel more confident with somethings she is feeling intimidated by. (It is so sweet of her teacher to do this for her)
9:00pm- Home from ballet, and time to get the girls to bed. Rodney has Declan started on his homework, so I take over.
10:30pm- Send Declan to bed because he is so tired he can not finish. I am pooped also so I get scripture reading done and get ready for bed.
1:00am- I finally make it to bed after I end up hanging out with Rodney.
Thursday:
6:00am- Alarm goes off, but today I hit snooze until 7:04. Rush everyone around to get ready. 7:30am- Breakfast, Declan still has so much homework that we skip scripture study and let him finish.
8:15am- Declan is done and everyone is off to school.
9:00am- Sit down to make meal plan for the next 2 weeks and get shopping list done.
11:30am- Take Rodney to the Dr. (His ear is killing him)- of course he has an ear infection. They also schedule him for a physical because he has been having muscle spasms a lot, and show signs of hypoglycemia or early diabetes.
12:30pm- LUNCH (I'm starving today!)
2:30pm- Shopping list is finally finished. Off to Wal-mart for stage 1 of grocery shopping.
4:00pm- Still in line at Wal-mart and need to pick up the Decota. Thank goodness Rodney is home and can go get her for me.
4:45pm- Pick Cambria up from choir
5:00pm- Pick Declan up from football
5:20pm- Have Decota to dance (luckily Rodney volunteered to take her so I could put up groceries)
6:00pm- Rodney took Declan and Decota to soccer so I could go get his prescription filled.
6:15pm- Pick Decota up from Dance and take her to get her birthday party favors and pick-up Rodney's prescription.
7:00pm- Back home and getting dinner ready
8:00pm- Rodney and the kids are back and ready to eat, Declan starts homework
9:00pm- Girls are down to bed
10:30pm- Declan is too tired to do anymore homework and goes to bed
11:30pm- I am done! Scripture study and bed!
Friday:
6:00am- Alarm goes off and I am up- much to do today!
7:30am- Everyone is down for breakfast and scripture study. Declan is doing last minute cramming.
8:15am- Drop Declan and Cambria off at school and take Decota to Scottish Rite for her hospital eye appointment.
10:00am- A quick and easy day at the Dr. Everything looks good! Off to Sam Moon with Decota to pick out a couple birthday party presents for her friends.
11:00am- Sam's Club for the 2nd stage of grocery shopping
12:30pm- Unloading groceries, making lunch, making Decota's cake, and picking up the house.
1:00pm- Visiting teachers come by for a visit.
1:45pm- Take Decota back to school and start setting up for her birthday party.
3:30pm- One more last trip to Wal-mart for forgotten items!
4:00pm- Pick everyone up from school and give them assignments to help finish getting ready for the party.
6:00pm- Party starts- Here come 17 girls!
11:30pm- Get girls in their tents to go to sleep.
2:00am- Finally go to bed when girls calm down and go to sleep!
Saturday:
7:00am- Up to make breakfast for a swarm of starving girls, slowly clean up.
8:00am- Rodney takes Declan to the soccer field to ref 3 games.
10:00am- Party is over! Time to get Decota ready for her next party.
10:30am- Off to the Galleria to drop Decota off at her friends party.
11:00am- Rodney takes Cambria to her soccer game (They win!)
12:00pm- I make it to Declan's field to watch his game.
1:30pm- Rodney and Cambria make it to see the 2nd half of Declan's game.
2:30pm- Head home to shower the kids and make lunch
3:30pm- Leave the house to pick Decota up from her party.
4:30pm- Meet up with Rodney and the kids to get Declan new goalie gloves
5:30pm- Take the kids to Western Days in Lewisville to see the Eli Young Band in concert.
8:00pm- Go to Chili's for dinner- pretty tired at this point.
9:30pm- Get everyone home and kids in bed (it only takes them a couple seconds to fall asleep)
10:00pm- Sit down to watch the news- just passing time so I can watch Saturday Night Live
10:30pm- Watch the first sketch, and then wake up at 11:00 and realize I need to go to bed.
11:00pm- Dead to the world- It was a long week!

Now when I wonder what I have accomplished in a week I can look at this list and see that I do get some things done. My cupboards and drawers may not be as organized as I would like, but I have not just sat around all week eating Bon-Bons. Maybe this will help me not feel so guilty for taking time out for me.

1 comment:

Annie. said...

Holy smokes! I don't think I accomplish in a WEEK what you do in a DAY!