Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lazy Days

Today is one of those great lazy days where you feel like you should be doing something, but you don't. I cleaned the house yesterday, did all of the grocery shopping, and fed everyone lunch, so I think I'll just veg for a while. I sat down to watch a show with Decota and Cambria and the whole time I kept thinking- I should bake cookies, I should make bread, I should start the soup for dinner- yet I stayed sitting there and just continued to watch the show. So what if I am a bum. Everyone deserves a day like that every once in a while. This week totally kicked all of our butts. Declan had football and/or soccer every night this week plus scouts, Decota had 2 nights of dance and a meet the teacher for parents at school, Cambria had 2 nights of soccer, and I worked a couple days. It was an easier week than normal because there were no Dr visits, no Activity Days, and Rodney was in town from Tuesday on- so we shouldn't have felt so beat, yet we did. Declan had an 8:00 game this morning, so all of the kids were in bed and asleep at 9:30 last night with no objections (that should tell you how tired they were). Poor Declan has had hours of homework every night (5 hours one night) and he usually doesn't get home from activities until at least 8:00. You would think that the teachers would be a bit more understanding, but I guess that is what you get when you load your schedule with ALL pre-AP and honors classes. We made it through the crazy week though, and are so glad that our pm soccer game was canceled because of the weather that was supposed to hit us due to Hurricane Ike (we have seen a bit of rain and winds, but nothing like a good ol' Texas thunderstorm). I know that Ike has been a devastation to so many people, but for us it has been like rehab. It has provided us with an excuse to stay indoors and be lazy. Thanks Ike for my lazy weekend!

2 comments:

Chels said...

I am the queen on lazy days and I say good for you for relaxing. The kids will live without cookies or bread. Just don't get as lazy as me, then it will stink to get back in shape.

laurak said...

Everyone need a break, especially after a week like yours.