Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm a PIG



On our anniversary Rodney took me out to lunch. Of course I was craving Mexican (I think I could eat chips and salsa for every meal and snack everyday). We decided to try a new restaurant, so we stopped into one by 121 called Abuelo's. From the interstate it doesn't really pop out at you, so I was a little worried that we might be spoiling our anniversary by going to some dive of a chain, but I was feeling adventurous so we went. As we drove up we realized that it was a nice building with great landscaping- the only problem was that it was located at the very end of a strip mall next to a vacant restaurant. When we walked inside I was so excited, they had a big fountain in the middle and painted skies on the ceiling- it reminded me of Si Senor back in New Mexico. As we sat down I told Rodney that I knew I liked the place already. The chips and salsa were GREAT, and then the kicker- the menu had a burrito for $5.99 that could be covered in any sauce- AND THEY HAD GREEN CHILI!!!!!! Oh beautiful, wonderful, succulent green chili. How have I lived so close to you for 3 years and never know you were within my reach! I was bouncing in my seat as I waited for them to bring me my burrito. And then it came- the mother of all burritos- Huge and beautiful! The waiters laughed when they saw my face as I looked at the sheer size of the thing. They told me they had only seen one person eat the whole thing. I was so ecstatic that I would have left overs to savor that night, and probably the next day. Rodney put his next to mine (he ordered a different, more expensive burrito) and asked why he got the baby one. He tried a couple bites of mine and we both decided it tastes like Taco Box (another of my New Mexico favorites). I was so busy enjoying the lunch, company, and conversation that when I looked down and discovered that I only had about three bites left I was stunned. HOW DID I EAT THAT WHOLE THING! Plus I had two baskets of chips and salsa, a side of beans, flan, and three Diet Cokes. The check said 1 lb Burrito- $5.99, so when I got home I had to weigh myself. To my dismay I found that I weighed 2 lbs more than I did that morning! No worries though- today I am a pound less than I started that day! Boy- I can not get in a habit of eating there though!! And of course the rest of the day was QUITE A GAS!

3 comments:

Chels said...

I am glad to see you got your blog decorated so cute! I can't wait to come and try the food.

Alicia said...

Wow Chanel you didn't tell me you had a blog. I'll add ya to my list! I love reading blogs, so it's great to have one more to read!! Congrats on 14 years! It's crazy how time flies, and look at all the great things that happen in between!

laurak said...

TMI. It is so important to find a great Mexican food restaurant. I think I ate at an Abuelo's while I was in Frisco.