Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Secret Affair!


Oh weekend, why must you leave me so soon. It will be 5 long days until we can meet again, my love. Until that time I will be dreading every day that I must wake up at 6:00 to get the kids ready for school. I will loathe putting lunches in a sack and sending them with my children to school, where I can't even converse with them as they consume it. I will worry all day that my kids are not getting enough water and snacks while they are at school (how is a mind supposed to learn and a body supposed to grow when you only get to eat at lunch?). I will watch the needle on my gas gauge quickly go from pointing to the right to pointing to the left as I taxi everyone to all of their events. I will worry about dinner being a rushed event, and whether I made a nutritionally balanced enough meal for three growing kids. I will stress over the amount of homework the kids are sent home with, and sit by them as they do it, just for moral support. As I tuck the kids in bed each night I will wonder if I spent enough quality time with them, and if they felt my love for them that day. And just when I think I can take no more- YOU WILL ARRIVE! When you come you will bring me carefree days, soccer games in the sun, a couple hours more of rest, easy meals, TV time, time to play outside, and time for fun with my family. However, just as I feel rejuvenated, you will leave me again- this, I am afraid, is the sad story of our love affair. Once again, just like every other week of my life, I will be waiting impatiently for you, longing for your arrival. I know I can not have you always, for if I did my love for you would not be the same. So instead of morn for what can never be, I will be content and grateful for the time I do get to spend with you as I look forward to our rendezvous again. Until Friday night my love- Chanel

3 comments:

melanie said...

ha ha!!!! Nicely put.

Stephanie said...

I am laughing my head off! I totally agree - I LOVE weekends. I should feel lucky that my weeks are not half as busy as yours. Oh, all the things I have to look forward to! :)

laurak said...

You're hilarious! My weekends don't sound nearly as enjoyable as yours.