Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's so nice not to be a single parent

I can't even tell you how nice it has been today to have Rodney home. Just to have him around for a bit of conversation throughout the day is so nice. To have him helping me out with life's little tasks is AWESOME. The simplest thing, like him letting the dog in when he is scratching at the door (which happens to be a dreaded chore since we wash his feet and wipe his butt every time he comes in), just makes my day. But the help with the BIG chores, that rocks! I desperately needed to go to the grocery store today. Of course when it came time to check out there were no lanes open without 5 people in them. I knew I would never be able to check out in time to pick Cambria up from choir. A quick phone call to my sweetheart and he is off and running to get her. As I walked out the door to take Decota to dance tonight, he offered to drop her off so I could finish unloading groceries. He then decided to take Cambria and Declan to their soccer practices so that he could watch them, thus making my only responsibilities for the night picking Decota up from dance, picking up his prescription from the pharmacy (he went to the Dr today and has a nasty ear infection), and getting dinner ready. I can't even begin to tell you how laid back and easy my night has felt. I don't know how single parents do it. It is so nice to have the help and support of your sweetie when your are worn out. Not to mention the added bonus of a little kissey-kissey-smoochy-smoochy when he is around! I hope I never have to do the single parent thing on a permanent basis. Thanks Rodney for all of the help, and for being the best!

1 comment:

laurak said...

I agree, two parents are definitely better than one. I don't know what I'd do without my hubby, either. Cheers for the men in our lives!